- 5 small beets, peeled and boiled
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup raw cashews or 1-2 tablespoons cashew butter
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, finely chopped
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Place the beets, garlic, lemon, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, cashews, mint, salt, and pepper in a food processor. Pulse until mixture becomes thick and chopped, but not fully puréed.
- Serve cold with chips and crudités.
Note: The beet hummus can be stored in the refrigerator for 3-6 days.