I finally figured out how to make my favorite prepared salmon in all of New York City! There’s nothing like the crispy salmon that Bar Pitti always serves and never fails.
Pan-Seared Restaurant Style Salmon
2 Fillets Boneless Salmon with skin
2 tbsp olive oil
Salt & Pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes, till drops of water sizzle and bead on the surface when you sprinkle them. Place the lemon on top.
- Then, carefully place the salmon fillets gently into the pan, skin side down and cook, pressing gently on fillets with the back of a flexible fish spatula to help maintain pan contact.
- Sprinkle the salmon generously with salt and pepper. Let the fish cook down on medium-high heat for about 10 minutes.
- Flip the fish over and gently press the fish once more, untile the fish is evenly cooked, about 3 minutes more.
- Remove the fillets from the pan carefully with tongs, or a fish spatula and plate them skin side up, and serve.