Sweet Black Lentil and Shaved Brussels Salad
1 cup @peregnatural black lentils
3 cups water
1 red onion, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon neutral oil, such as olive oil or avocado oil
1 tablespoon date syrup
1 sprig fresh tarragon
Avocado oil spray
1 teaspoon pomegranate seeds
2 bags shredded Brussels sprouts
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
3 pitted dates, chopped
For the dressing:
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 of a shallot, finely sliced
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 frozen garlic cube
1 teaspoon dried oregano
Cracked black pepper and sea salt
- Heat a large pot with 1 tablespoon oil and place the sliced red onion inside. Let it sweat on a low flame, about 10-12 minutes.
- Place 1 cup rinsed black lentils and water. Bring to boil and let it cook down, about 25-30 minutes.
- In the meantime, preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Layer a baking tray with parchment paper and place shredded Brussels sprouts on top. Spray with avocado oil, season with garlic powder, salt, and drizzle date syrup on top. Roast for 45 minutes.
- Once the lentils are cooked, strain them and place into a large bowl.
- Prepare the dressing. Combine the balsamic vinegar, garlic, oregano, sliced shallot, mustard, oil, salt & pepper and shake to combine.
- Once the Brussel sprouts are ready, combine the lentils and Brussel sprouts together and drizzle balsamic dressing on top. Garnish with chopped dates and pomegranate seeds.