Almond Butter Banana Bread
2 egg whites
1/4 cup almond butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup oats, grounded
2 table spoons flax meal
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon course sea salt
3/4 cup Semi sweet chocolate chips, plus more for topping
1/4 teaspoon Coarse Sea Salt
Optional: 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mash the two bananas, and combine your wet ingredients in a bowl with egg whites, almond butter, vanilla, and flax meal and mix.
3. Add in the grounded oats, cinnamon, baking soda, and chocolate chips and combine.
4. Place into a well greased 8 x 12" rectangular baking tray or roaster.
5. Top with more chocolate chocolate chips, crushed almonds, and sprinkle course salt on top.
6. Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes. Let it cool for at least 30 minutes and carefully carve out the loaf.
I prefer mixing the ingredients in a kitchen aid, but you can totally mix with utensils!