Chimichurri Marinated Lamb Chops
Summer time is for garden fresh herbs and marinating foods like these chimichurri marinated lamb chops— this dish is loaded with phytochemicals and iron.
- 5 sprigs rosemary
- 1 bunch of scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped mint
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped oregano
- 10 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 8-10 lamb chops
- Prepare the chimichurri sauce. In a large bowl or dressing bottle, combine the herbs, garlic, spices, vinegar, and oil and stir to evenly combine.
- Line a 9x12 inch Pyrex and place each lamb into the pyrex. Pour chimichurri sauce on top of lamb chops and with gloves on, spread the sauce on top to evenly coat both sides. Place pyrex into the fridge for about one to three hours to allow it to marinate.
- Once marinated, grill on the barbecue for about 5-7 minutes each side or roast in a 400 degree oven for 30-40 minutes, or until desired rareness.