Spaghetti Alla Nerano
When you want to bring the restaraunt to your home… I love playing around and attempting to recreate recipes that I’ve tried while eating out. Trust me, this recipe will not disappoint.
- 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced and divided
- 1/2 cup olive oil, plus 2 tablespoons for boiling water
- Kosher salt
- 4 zucchini, sliced
- 11 ounces spaghetti
- 1 handful of basil leaves, plus more for garnish
- Parmesan cheese
- Heat a large skilled to medium heat and add enough olive oil to fry. In batches, place the sliced garlic into the skillet until lightly browned. Add the zucchini and fry until golden, about 5 minutes each side. Place it onto a paper towel over a tray. Repeat until all of the zucchini is cooked.
- In the meantime, bring a large pot of water to a boil and add olive oil and salt.
- Place the spaghetti into the pot of boiling water. Cook until al dente. About 9 minutes. Place strainer over a large bowl to save some pasta water.
- Take most of the zucchini and garlic place it into a blender with basil. Saving some zucchini for the final dish. Add about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of pasta water to the blender, and blend until smooth and creamy. The consistency should be saucy.
- Pour sauce over spaghetti and stir with tongs to evenly combine. Add the leftover zucchini to the pasta and garnish with cheese and basil.