Asian Spinach Salad
Yield 8 servings
For the Dressing:
- 1/2 cup of lime juice
- 1/2 cup of avocado oil
- 1/4 cup of black truffle oil
- 2 tablespoons truffle spice
3 tablespoons Tamari or Soy Sauce
For the Salad:
- 3 tablespoons red miso paste
- ½ cup avocado oil, for frying
- 1 head of leek, thinly slice
- 10 oz (2 boxes) organic baby Spinach
- 1 medium red bell pepper, finely diced
- 15 oz (1 can) chopped baby corn, drained and rinsed
- Prepare the dried miso in advance. Heat the oven to 200 degrees. Spread red miso very thinly onto parchment paper on a tray. Place into the oven and let it cook for one hour.
- In the meantime, prepare the dressing. Combine the lime juice, oils, soy sauce, and spices in a bottle and shake. Set aside.
- Then, clean and slice/shave the leek lengthwise with a cucumber peeler. You want it to be very thin. Heat a skillet with a generous amount of avocado oil and place the leek on top. Pan fry the leek in batches for about 15 minutes and then set aside.
- Once the miso is ready, take it out of the oven and let it cool, and then blend in a food processor until finely crumbed.
- Place the spinach, peppers, baby corn, and leek in a salad bowl. Pour the dressing on top and garnish with dried miso flakes.
Be sure not to garnish the miso flakes until serving, otherwise it'll get soggy!