Braised Fennel and Scallions
- 2 bulbs of fennel, sliced from the bottom
- 5 stems scallions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3/4 cup white wine
- Sliced onion spice (pereg brand)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Zest of one lemon
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Heat a dutch oven pot with olive oil on a low flame.
- Place the scallions and fresh thyme inside, and let it sweat a bit, about 5 minutes. Then, add the white wine and let it reduce, about 7 minutes.
- Once the scallions start to brown, add the fennel, red wine vinegar, sliced onion spice, salt, and pepper. Cook until wine reduces, and fennel soften, about 30 minutes.
- Plate the fennel and scallions and season with lemon zest and serve.