Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie
Makes 12 cookies
PREP 15 minutes
COOK 12 minutes
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon himalayan sea salt
- 1 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup crushed up dark chocolate bar (I like Hu Kitchen)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees and layer a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the wet ingredients. Add the maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla extract, coconut sugar, flax meal, baking soda, and salt and fold with a spatula.
- Add the oat flour and fold. Then, add the crushed up dark chocolate bar.
- With gloves on, roll each cookie dough and flatten onto the tray. Be sure to evenly spread them out because the cookies expand in the oven.
- Chill the cookie dough in the fridge for 10 minutes. Then, bake on 350 for 12 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool for 10 minutes before transferring them off of the tray.
These cookies stay good for 2 weeks sealed at room temperature or up to one month in the freezer.