Molten chocolate cake
Snow days call for recipe testing, and anything involving chocolate means it’s going to be good. Gluten and dairy free chocolate cake. Who says you can’t find happiness in a cake?
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 10 oz semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- Pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees. Oil and lightly flour four 6oz ramekins.
- Place a pot of water on the stove and let it boil. Place the chocolate chips into a large bowl with coconut oil and double boil it over the stove. Continuously fold as it melts, about 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, beat the eggs, sugar, and salt in a stand mixer at high speed, until the eggs are thick and pale.
- Whisk the chocolate until smooth. Quickly fold it into the egg mixture along with the coconut flour. Spoon the batter into the prepared ramekins and bake for 12 minutes, or until the sides of the cakes are firm but the centers are soft. Let the cakes cool in the ramekins for 1 minute, then cover each with an inverted dessert plate. cakes cool in the ramekins
- Carefully turn each one over, let stand 10 seconds and tap on it and then unmold. Serve immediately.